Russian and Belarusian players have been allowed to compete at the Wimbledon tournament, which opens in July. On March 31 (local time) in London, England, Wimbledon organizers announced that “Russia and Belarus players who were not allowed to compete last year have been approved.”안전놀이터
Ian Hewitt, chairman of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, which hosts Wimbledon, said: “We strongly condemn Russia’s illegal aggression and fully support the people of Ukraine. It was a very difficult decision. If the situation changes significantly before the event, we will take action accordingly.”
Regarding Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in February last year, not only Wimbledon, but also the British Tennis Association banned Russian and Belarusian players from all five tournaments held in their country.
Regarding this decision, the ATP and WTA said, “We are delighted that all players will have the opportunity to compete at Wimbledon or the British tournament this summer. To protect the fairness of the game, we needed the cooperation of the whole sport to solve the problem.” and supported Belarus players to participate. The ATP and WTA concluded, “We thank Wimbledon and the British Tennis Association for their efforts and express once again that we unequivocally condemn Russia’s war on Ukraine.”